We all want to get the exercise that we need in order to remain healthy. But many of us also know that exercising can be boring and very strenuous at times. Yet for those of you who are sports enthusiasts, athletics is a great way to get a good workout while also having a good time. Here is a list of the top 10 sports activities that will give your body a good exertion.
1. Swimming: Maybe swimming does not sound so appealing to you. What can be fun about swimming back and forth and doing laps? Well there are other ways to get a good workout in the pool. You can sign up for classes or clubs such as a water polo club or a swimming fitness class. These activities will not only give you a quality burn, but you will also have a grand time while youre at it.
2. Walking: True, walking doesnt sound like much of a sport, but the fact is that walking is an organized sport and there are even races all around the world! Walking is one of the healthiest ways to keep your heart going strong. Look for walking clubs or races around your area and you will be sure to have a great time. And if you dont think this one works your whole body think again. You have to use those hips if you want to move!
3. Biking: Biking is one of everyones favourite activities. It is something you can do with the whole family as a unit on a nice Sunday, or you can do it more competitively if youd like. No matter what biking is a great way to stay in shape. Biking may seem like a lower body workout only but those arms are working fairly hard to balance yourself while gripping those steers.
4. Basketball: Here is one of the favourites amongst the sports. Basketball is truly a jolly good time if you can get yourself into it. Not only is the game pure fun, but you will be running and jumping around without even noticing it!
5. Football: The worlds favourite sport is not just a game made for the professionals. Football is one of the best cardiovascular sports that you can participate in. With such a big field and only one tiny little ball youre forced to chase people around like youre playing a game of tag.
6. Aerobics Classes: These cardiovascular wonders have been popular for a while now. Anything from Kenpo to plyometrics classes, calories will surely be burned and the entire body will benefit. Easily one of the best ways to work the body.
7. Hula Hooping: OK, this may seem plain silly, but quit being so pretentious! Grab a hula-hoop and let those hips fly! This is a quality workout that can be great fun and surely hilarious. With all that movement in your hips you will peel a great load off.
8. Ultimate Frisbee: Heres one that has flown under the radar as of lately. Ultimate Frisbee is such an inclusive sport with regards to you entire body. Not only are you running and jumping, but also all of the catching and throwing keeps a good movement going on your arms and stomach.
9. Boxing: Again, like American Football, dont freak out about its intensity. You dont have to get in the ring and throw hay makers at one another. Put on a boxing helmet and spar with light hits, focusing more on your movement.
10. Tennis: What better way to get a full body work load than to run back and forth and hit a ball? Tennis is great fun and surely will kick you into gear.